The foundation of the building is divided into two fully independent structures. The first, consisting of 910 piles with diameters between 40 centimeters and one meter, with average depth of 18 meters, are fully connected by beams, whose function is to support the structure of the building.
The second foundation supports the floor of the experimental hall and the shielding of the accelerators. Besides the role of supporting the floor and the equipment, it has the function of preventing differential settlements and propagation of vibrations, whether generated internally or externally.
The foundation is composed of a layer of 2.85 meter deep modified soil obtained from the local soil removal, followed by mixing with cement and reapplication of thin layers with high degree of compression. The process gives greater resistance (specified 2 MPa) and rigidity, reducing the vibration propagated through the ground.
In the region of the shielding of the accelerators, the modified layer of soil is supported in 1322 piles, with 40 cm in diameter and 15 meters long. The piles will be of CFA (Continuous Flight Auger) type, which gives great constructive uniformity to the foundation.