Opportunities | August 19th, 2021
VACUUM GROUP LEADER
The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users.
To work in the Vacuum Group (VAC) at CNPEM.
- Coordinate the Vacuum group of the Engineering and Technology Division.
- Serve as a technical reference in vacuum science and technology for the team.
- Work in the prospection of solutions for problems in vacuum science and technology (general applications and in particle accelerators).
- Design, specify, build, qualify, commissioning and operate vacuum systems of different levels of complexity.
- Identify and conduct R&D projects related to vacuum science and technology.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments in technical support in vacuum technology.
- Elaborate technical documentation (procedures, specifications, articles) and presentaitons.
- Coordinate technical projects.
- Degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physisct or related areas.
- Advanced English.
- Solid experience in vacuum science and technology.
- Team management and leadership.
- Knowledge in project management.
Deep knowledge in:
- Vacuum science and technology.
- Fabrication and manufacturing processes of ultra high vacuum chambers.
- Joining processes of ultra high vacuum chambers.
- Materials selection for ultra high vacuum applications.
- Qualification, installation and commissioning of ultra-high vacuum chambers and systems.
Computational simulations (finite element method and Monte Carlo method).
Vacuum design calculations and simulations 2D and 3D CAD.
Click here to apply for this position.