Opportunities | August 18th, 2021
RADIOFREQUENCY GROUP LEADER
The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users.
Activities includes manage and coordinate the Radiofrequency Group at CNPEM.
Manage and coordinate the Radiofrequency Group, its activities and team, being also responsible for:
- Providing the technical reference for the team regarding the theory, techniques and applications of radiofrequency and related technologies;
- Working towards the technical improvement of the team;
- Identifying and conducting R&D projects related to the use of radiofrequency technologies in applications of interest to the Center;
- Maintaining and improving the technical infrastructure of the group;
- Elaborating technical documentation, and participate in authoring of scientific papers and communication articles;
- Working with other teams in the application and integration of solutions based on the group expertise;
- Working in the development of local suppliers of radiofrequency components;
- Interacting with the radiofrequency community of other research centers and prospect possible collaborations.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Physical Engineering or related courses.
Desirable Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Physical Engineering or related courses;
Solid experience in:
- Designing, building and characterising accelerator Radio Frequency systems;
- Specifing and characterizing the building blocks of the system: cavities, amplifiers, LLRF, transmission lines etc;
- Fabrication of RF components for accelerators;
- Instrumentation for radio frequency systems;
- Project development;
- Team coordination;
- Knowledge in microwave theory and application;
- Be familiar with the technology embedded in radio frequency system components;
- Be up to date with the technological advances in the field;
- Familiarity with electromagnetic simulation programs;
- Fluent English (reading, writing and conversation).
Click here to apply for this position.