Opportunities | August 18th, 2021
MAGNETS GROUP LEADER
The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users.
Activities includes manage and coordinate the Magnet Group at CNPEM.
Manage and coordinate the Magnet Group, its activities and team, being also responsible for:
- Providing the technical guidance for the team regarding theory, characterization techniques and projects of magnetic components;
- Overseeing the technical performance and social interaction of the team and implement ways to improve them;
- Identifying and conducting R&D projects of magnetic structures in applications of interest to the Engineering department;
- Maintaining and improving the technical infrastructure of the group;
- Working with other teams in the application and integration of solutions based on the group expertise;
- Preparing reports, documentation, and participate in the authoring of scientific papers and communication articles;
- Working in the development of external suppliers and manufacturing processes of magnetic devices;
- Interacting with the community of other research centers and prospecting possible collaborations in the area of magnetic characterization and design of magnetic devices;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics Engineering or related areas
Desirable graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Physics Engineering, Physics or correlated areas
Solid experience in:
- Project management and development of accelerator insertion devices and magnetic characterization;
- Design, construction and characterisation of magnetic components for accelerators, especially insertion devices;
- Team coordination;
- Fluent English (reading, writing and conversation).
Click here to apply for this position.