Opportunities | March 18th, 2021
ACCELERATOR PHYSICS GROUP LEADER
Activities include coordinating the Accelerator Physics R&D activities at LNLS, and ensuring the synchrotron light source accelerator complex operates within specifications.
The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users. We are looking for an Accelerator Physicist to lead our Accelerator Physics Group (FAC) within the LNLS Accelerator Division at the CNPEM campus in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil.
This group’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Accelerator Physics R&D activities at LNLS.
- Ensure the synchrotron light source accelerator complex operates within specifications.
- Propose and coordinate developments to improve the performance of the accelerators in terms of beam stability and machine reliability.
- Collaborate with other technical groups at LNLS and CNPEM in the development of accelerator subsystems.
- Interact with beamline scientists on issues related to improving light source parameters.
- Coordinate machine study shifts.
- Coordinate high-level software development for accelerator control system.
- PhD in accelerator physics or related field with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in accelerator physics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of physics of synchrotron light sources.
- Hands-on experience in accelerator control-room, with knowledge of beam diagnostics equipment used in synchrotron light sources.
- Experience with computer modelling codes.
- Leadership and mentoring capabilities.
Click here to apply for this position.